Is Hiring – Our Next Fabulous Intern!!!
Decadent Details Events is hiring our next fabulous interns. Get all the details below and send in your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Serious applicants only!
Decadent Details Events is a boutique event planning and design company. We set ourselves apart by our unwavering commitment to our clients and a deep appreciation for the ultimate wedding inspirations. With our vast experience and true passion, we draw upon the couple’s creativity, style and dreams to become an indispensable partner in creating the perfect wedding.
We are currently looking to bring on board two talented, enthusiastic and sophisticated interns to work with us in helping to make our clients’ dreams a reality while gaining valuable industry experience. In addition, this fabulous intern will continue assisting in the rebranding and marketing of our company.
This position is an unpaid part-time internship, which means it is based on work available and based on the timing of various events and projects. Hours for this position are estimated at 20 hours per week. We are open to interns who need school credit-and our times and hours are flexible depending on availability. We are more than willing to fill out the necessary paperwork to ensure that you gain academic credit for your work with us.
Estimated start time would be September 15, 2016 – can start sooner if available.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assistance with creating and preparing promotional bridal events.
- Assisting with client management of wedding and event planning including onsite assistance
- Attending and input during vendor meetings and interviews
- Attending industry association luncheons, networking events, dinners and meetings.
- Blogging and helping with Social Media.
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Creating spreadsheets and checklists.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Marketing assistance and creating regular postings on all social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Office clerical work
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Updating Databases
- Upkeep and creation of blog post material and company newsletter material
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Wedding and events design product research.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and WordPress
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Flexible schedule to accommodate irregular work hours
- Reliable transportation (car preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to take initiative and to work with a particular clientele with a discerning taste.
- Well dressed and groomed – think Audrey Hepburn
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- An excellent multi-tasker
- Creative and able to think quickly on his/her feet
- High energy and resourceful
- An independent worker as well as a team player
- Guest oriented and friendly
- Driven to excel in the area of event and wedding planning – both the pretty and the nitty-gritty!
Remember as an intern, you will be representing our company and our brand among our clients and fellow vendors, so excellence is a must!
This internship is unpaid, however it can be used for college credit or prerequisite for college class. The hours can be irregular, but the experience is invaluable for anyone who’s a hard worker and not afraid to dedicate themselves to becoming the ideal wedding and event planner.
Interested? To apply for the internship, please email your resume and cover letter to Susan Solbrig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should describe why you would be an asset to Decadent Details team.