Written by Decadent Details Assistant, Stephany LaCruz
Hello Our Beautiful Readers!
This week’s blog is all about the flower girl and ring bearer. They can be your nieces, nephews, best friend’s kids, siblings, or even your own kids. Whoever you have that’s close to you! Here are some tips to think about when including them in your wedding!
- Seat their parents toward the front so they can encourage them to walk all the way to the front. This tip is probably more important for younger children.
- Don’t get them dressed in their wedding outfits until after they have used the bathroom, ate, washed their hands, anything that has a possibility of making them dirty.
- Make sure the ring bearer and flower girl are both at the wedding rehearsal, they may need the most practice when it comes to walking down the aisle.
- If you want someone who is still learning to walk, it would probably be best to have them pulled in a carriage or a wagon.
- Choose a song that’s long enough or can be repeated, they may take a little longer to get to the front.
- If you don’t feel comfortable with the ring bearer walking with the real ring, use fake rings or a sign that you’re on your way, or something unique that would fit your wedding style.
- Make sure to not buy an outfit that’s too itchy or uncomfortable, as a little girl she will definitely let you know if the dress is not comfy for her. The last thing anyone wants is a crying flower girl going down the aisle.
- If you have more than one little girl or boy in your life, why not have more than one flower girl or ring bearer? There’s no rule in any book that say’s ‘only one.’
If you choose to have children in your wedding, keep these tips in mind to make your day go more smoothly.
Until Next Week Our Beautiful Readers!