Hello our Beautiful Readers!
We hope you are having a fabulous week so far! Warm weather is finally here and we can finally enjoy a nice book and a glass of wine on the patio! This week we thought we would talk about paper details!
One of the steps of wedding planning is to pick out the perfect invitation which reflects you and your fiancé’s style. In today’s post we will be giving you some basic tips on invitations.
Check, Double Check, Triple Check!
- Check your invitation at every step of the process to make sure all the information is right and there are no spelling errors.
- Regardless of whether you are working with a professional stationer or an online company, a printing error can be a costly mistake.
Send them Out Early!
- We suggest sending your invitations 2 – 3 months prior to your wedding. This will ensure that your guests have plenty of time to get their affairs in order if they are having to travel for your wedding.
Include a RSVP Card.
- Make sure on the RSVP card to have an ‘RSVP by Date’ so that you have enough time to give final numbers to the caterer. We suggest having the RSVP date to be about 4 weeks before your wedding date. Follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d by the due date.
- If you are having a plated meal with food options, be sure to list the option to be selected on the RSVP card.
- Have some way of identifying who’s card it is when you start receiving them back.
- Also, include a stamped envelope, this is a courtesy your guests will appreciate!
- Check guests’ addresses are correct.
- We love a nice printed or calligraphy envelope but handwritten are nice also. Whichever style you decided on, make sure the address is legible.
- We suggest NEVER using address labels on your envelopes. If calligraphy or printing is not in the budget, handwritten is always better than a label.
- Your invitations set the tone of your wedding. Regardless of whether you are having a Rustic Chic wedding or a Classic Elegant one, let your invitation and paper details reflect your style.
- Shop at one place! We love custom, designed invitations and paper details. However if you prefer to do them yourself or order them online, get all paper details from the same source. You will appreciate you did when you get your pictures back.
Hopefully these basic tips have helped! The style of your invitation is completely up to you, be creative and have fun with them! If you need some help with your invitations and paper details, Decadent Details know some lovely vendors we can recommend!
Until next week our Beautiful Readers!